We at the St. David’s want our guests to get the most out of their stay in London and will always endeavour to assist wherever possible. Some examples of how we can help, either by offering our advice or assisting with bookings, are listed below:
- Theatre Tickets
- London Bus Tours
- UK Bus Tours
- Fast Track Entrance to London’s Top Sights (e.g. Madame Tussauds, London Aquarium, London Eye and Buckingham Palace)
- Up-to-date Bus and Train Timetables
- Maps and advice on walks and cycle routes in the area
- Information on local cycle hire centres
Whether you are visiting London for business or pleasure, the St. David’s is the ideal location for your comfort and convenience. Within the immediate vicinity, the Paddington area is host to a large number of eateries, coffee shops and bars. Convenience stores, laundering shops and internet cafes are practically on our doorstep and public amenities such as banks and St. Mary’s Hospital are less than a minute’s walk away. For the eager tourist, sightseeing bus stops are at the corner of Norfolk Square or if going for an early morning stroll or run is your thing then 630 acres of Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are a hop, skip and jump away.
London is one of the best cities in the world for shopping whether you are looking for a souvenir of your visit or for the latest ‘must-have’ item. Some of London’s department stores are tourist attractions in their own right!
- Oxford Street – 10 minute walk for a wide selection of the best known high street brands (a further 10 minute walk to Regent Street for more high street brands)
- Bond Street – 15 minute walk for luxury brands
- Saville Row – 20 minute walk to the traditional home of British tailors
- Burlington Arcade – 20 minute walk to this Edwardian shopping arcade still overseen by Burlington beadles in traditional morning coats and top hats
- Sloane Street – 20 minute brisk walk through Hyde Park for prestigious brands
- Covent Garden – 30 minute walk to one of London’s most colourful markets, unique boutiques and Arts & Crafts shops. Covent Garden is famous for its street entertainment
- Portobello Market – 20 minute walk to the market famous for its antiques
- Camden Market – 15 minute underground ride to this quirky and colouful market
- St Christopher’s Place – 15 minute walk through a narrow turning off Oxford Street to an exciting mix of shops and restaurants
- South Molton Street – 15 minute walk for highstreet brands and some unique boutiques in a car-free street
- Carnaby Street – 20 minute walk for hip and funky boutiques in a car-free street
- Westfield Shopping Centre – 10 minute underground ride to this newly built shopping mall hailed as Europe’s biggest mall
- Harrods – 20 minute brisk walk through Hyde Park to one of the world’s most famous department stores located in Knightsbridge
- Harvey Nichols – 20 minute brisk walk through Hyde Park to this stylish department store offering some of the latest fashions
- Selfridges – 15 minute walk on Oxford Street for luxury and high street brands
- Liberty – 20 minute walk to this very British store located in a Tudor-style building just off Regent Street
- Fortnum & Mason – 30 minute walk to this prestigious store (since 1707) at the end of Bond Street renowned for its food halls which sell a mouth-watering selection of food and drink
From a boat cruise on the Thames, to a stroll in Hyde Park, to a “Jack the Ripper” walking tour to a ride on the London Eye there are many ways to enjoy London’s sights. London’s vast array of historic landmark buildings, palaces and cathedrals are as exciting to a first time visitor as they are to a London veteran holidaymaker as are the superb museums, galleries and theatres. Whether by bus or underground, all are within easy access from our hotel and we at the St. David’s will do our best to advise you on how to get the best from your time in the Capital.
There are bus companies (some open top double-decker buses) which provide sightseeing tours of our beautiful and historical capital city. Some companies also provide organised tours to other UK cities. When booking, quote “St. David’s Hotels, Norfolk Square”.
London caters for every budget, for every cuisine, for every age and every style of diner so whether you are looking for a themed restaurant, a fine dining experience, afternoon tea, a quirky bar or a chic nightclub, London is where you’ll find it.